Mountain Cultural/natural/religious point of interest
This impressive and harmoniously proportioned Baroque construction is one of the most interesting in the Mesolcina valley. It forms a scenic entrance to the Traversagna valley against the backdrop of the arched stone bridge and former hospice. The new church was consecrated in 1656. The body, built on a longitudinal plan in the Baroque style, is adorned with pilasters and graffiti architectural decorations, the nave with its cross vault is an early example of the so-called Wandpfeiler arrangement, subsequently developed by the Vorarlberg School (initially with builders from the Mesolcina valley). Numerous stucco decorations, paintings, altar and chapel ornaments have been preserved inside the church.